Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Serendipity Stamps July Blog Hop #1!

Hello Everyone and Happy Fourth of July!!


Serendipity showcases a new set of stamps every two weeks. Just comment on the Design Team's blogs listed below to enter to win a $20 gift certificate to Serendipity Stamps. The more blogs you comment on, the likelier you are to win!

Here's a list of all the designers participating in the blog hop today...

Marybeth Lopez

Today's card features Serendipity Stamp's Grill stamp. I love the cool retro look of this stamp!


I tried a little something different for this card. Instead of stamping the image onto my usual Copic X-Press It or Neenah cardstock, I stamped it directly onto my patterned paper. I used Authentique's 'Honor" 6x6 coordinating papers for this project. 

I colored my image using Copic markers and then cut it out using a rectangle die. This was mounted onto a scalloped red rectangle, using a navy 1/16" border around my image first. I added some fishtail banners to this using the coordinating patterned papers and popped two of them up with foam tape onto my card background.




I also added a small fishtail banner to the upper right-hand corner of my image and topped it with a tiny bow made from red jute twine.

As a final touch, I added lots of red, blue, and clear sequins and some gold stars as well. 

Thanks for visiting today! Have a safe and happy holidays, everyone...and good luck on the blog hop!

20 comments:

  1. Fabulous card - Happy 4th of July to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card!!! Makes me really want a grilled burger! :) But none here today due to high fire danger. Happy Independence Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card. What beautiful coloring and a great background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you stamped on decorative paper and colored. The card details are perfect. Love all the layers and shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card...love the wonderful scene you created!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Love the vintage look of the red/white/blue paper. Gives the card a coziness!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Beth! Happy 4th!����

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card and
    I love the banner
    pieces.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  9. great card for 4th of July, and love the BBQ scene

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute. I like the papers you used and how you stamped on the patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. your card is gorgeous, I love it, best wishes, patty

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this card! Really like the grid paper you used for your stamped layer and your star sequins to mimic the DP and for the 4th of course!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome card. Love the colors and patterns of your paper. Perfect for the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This brings back memories of long ago! Perfect for a summer card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your red, white & blue card with the Grill stamp! Perfect for the 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great holiday feel to this card. It'd be perfect for a man. I like the added touch of the colorful tags.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How cute, Beth! Love the vintage patriotic colors & wonderful layout.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So appropriate for the 4th celebration.
    Love the colors and the use of the
    fishtails. Wonderful card.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the old-fashioned 'Americana' feel of this card. So patriotic!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a relaxing card. Love the BBQ scene and wonderful bg. 😍💕

    ReplyDelete