Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Serendipity Stamps September Blog Hop #2!

Hello my crafty friends! I hope you are all having a wonderful month!

I just wanted to let you know that today begins the second Serendipity Stamps BLOG HOP for the month of September! 

Serendipity Stamps showcases a new set of stamps every two weeks. Just comment on the Design  Team's blogs listed below to enter to win a $20 Serendipity Stamps gift certificate.....the more blogs you comment on, the more likely you are to win!

You have until Sunday,  September 24 at midnight to enter. Be sure to check back on the Serendipity Stamps blog on Monday to see if you're a winner!  
Here's a list of all the design team members participating in the hop...

Julie Warner
Beth Chiu (that's me!)

Mary's Blog (the owner)

Patti Kehl

I can't believe that this Friday, September 22, is the first day of Fall. Even though it's still warm here in Atlanta, I'm beginning to see the trees changing color and it won't be long until those leaves start falling!

So, in light of that, today's card features Serendipity Stamp's beautiful rake stamp. This stamp is Serendipity Stamp's Stamp of the Month and is currently 50% off! This stamp could be used for any fall-themed card, but I decided to make mine a Thanksgiving card.



I first stamped the rake image in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and then stamped Serendipity Stamp's One Falling Leaf  sentiment below it.  I colored the image using Copic markers. For the leaves, I used a variety of colors in the Y, YR, R, YG, and E families. I then added a complimentary teal color in the rake (BG 72, 75, and 78) and used E 31. 34, 35, and 37 for the tree bark. The rake tines were colored with C3 and C5.

I then mounted my colored panel onto a piece of candy corn cardstock, and then mounted that onto a piece of teal plaid paper. The finished panel was placed on a standard A2 sized card. As a finishing touch, I placed a small bow from my ribbon stash at the top of the card. 

 I then began working on the inside of my card. I believe the inside deserves just as much love as the outside of the card!



For the inside, I used Serendipity's Thanksgiving stamp, Blessings Die, and the Oak Leaf stamp. It's fun and easy to match your different stamps and dies together to create your own custom sentiment! I can see myself using the Blessings die for so many things...
Christmas Blessings, Baby Blessings, Marriage Blessings, etc.!

I hope you all enjoyed my card today...simple and easy to  make. Happy Fall everybody! Thanks for visiting and good luck on the Blog Hop!

16 comments:

  1. A lovely fall card, both outside and in! Love your showcase of the rake!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Beth! That aqua is so pretty with the fall colors! This card is a perfect combination of Clean and Simple but with lots of color and interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card! Your coloring is great. Thanks for the "how to"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful coloring of the image. Love the teal frame around your scene. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty cards. Fall is in the air!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pretty cards. Wonderful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So often the inside of a card doesn't get the same attention. Bravo on both the inside and outside. They could easily switch positions. Thanks for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty Autumn card inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards,
    the rake is
    neat looking.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've captured the color of the leaves as I have seen them in my yard beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've captured the color of the leaves as I have seen them in my yard, beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty layering and color combo! Love the rake design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just finished mulching the leaves
    in the yard. It's hot and
    humid - you are sending your
    heat to the midwest. Love
    the card - I don't rake anymore.
    Now I use the mower.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are unique and striking colors for autumn. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never thought to decorate the inside, to be honest. I really love what you've done here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a lovely card, Beth! Wonderful colors & the inside is lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete