Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Serenity Stamps September Blog Hop #1!!

Hello everyone and happy September!

Fall is just around the corner, can you believe it? It won't be long until we'll all be wearing sweaters and drinking hot cocoa!
But first....today begins the first Serenity Stamps BLOG HOP for the month of September! 

Serendipity Stamps showcases a new set of stamps every two weeks. Just comment on the Design  Team's blogs listed below to enter to win a $20 Serendipity Stamps gift certificate.....the more blogs you comment on, the more likely you are to win!

You have until Sunday,  September 10 at midnight to enter. Be sure to check back on the Serendipity Stamps blog on Monday to see if you're a winner!  

Here's a list of all the design team members participating in the hop...
Beth Chiu (that's me!)

I just love the stamps I used for my card today...it features Serendipity Stamp's Tree Frame and Take Time to Sit.


I stamped the tree frame in Tuxedo Black ink by Memento and colored the trunks in different shades of browns to look like bark. I then used a variety of markers colors to  "dot in" leaves all over the tops of the trees. It takes a few minutes to cover all the "leaves", but it's worth the time and it's fun to choose which colors you want your leaves to be!

I anchored my trees to the ground using yell0w-green markers added some Copic BG0000 for the sky. Here are all the colors I used...


After coloring the trees, I cut the inside out using scissors and an exacto knife. I used my Memento black marker to go over the edges I cut...this gave my project a more finished look. I then stamped the sentiment on another piece of paper, colored it in,  and finished it off with some Sakura glaze pen.

I then lined up my sentiment behind the tree frame and popped up the top layer with foam tape for dimension.


Finally, I layered my pieces onto an A2 sized card made from heavyweight cardstock. I think this design would also make a beautiful shaker card!

Thanks all for visiting and good luck on the blog hop!!



15 comments:

  1. LOVE the dots - like pointillism! And your 3D effect is great. Also love your idea of a shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Fall trees and lovely sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely sentiment...and one I am sure we could all follow! Beautiful tree, love how you cut the inside and layered it over the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that Tree Frame! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!! Love how you colored the trees. Using the dots to show dimension and colors of the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing Beth! I have never tried this technique before but I LOVE the results you got : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tree frame is so pretty and I love the sentiment too and coloured in lovely autumnal shades Beth. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great coloring on the leaves.
    Wonderful card.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely coloring and
    the tree frame is
    so pretty!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your use of the leaf/tree frame. The colors are great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, so much to love here. Love the tree frame and the sentiment. Love your dotty leaves. So many options to add things under those trees. And I am a firm believer that any time is cocoa time. HUgz

    ReplyDelete