Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Serendipity Stamps December Blog Hop #2


Hello Friends and Happy Holidays!

I hope that you are busy finishing up those Christmas cards and sending them out to your friends and families. I have just one last Christmas card to share with you, but first a reminder...
Today is the first day of Serendipity Stamp's second December BLOG HOP!


Serendipity Stamps showcases a new set of stamps every two weeks. Just comment on the Design  Team's blogs listed below to enter to win a $20 Serendipity Stamps gift certificate.....the more blogs you comment on, the more likely you are to win!



Here's a list of all the designers participating in the blog hop today...

Marybeth Lopez
Mary's Blog (Serendipity Stamps owner)
Julie Warner
Vickie Zimmer
Beth Chiu (that's me!)
Miriam Napier

The card I made for today showcases the gorgeous Rejoice die.




I decided to use this die to create a shaker card...I love sequins and anything shiny, especially during the Christmas season. I decided to use both gold and silver for a fun and festive look. 


I first cut my larger frame from silver mirror cardstock and created my shaker using acetate,  a double layer of foam tape, and ivory Stardream cardstock for the back panel. I filled my shaker with TONS of sequins from my stash! I mixed a variety of gold, silver, and clear sequins together and I loved how it turned out!




Next, I die cut a smaller rectangle frame from gold mirror cardstock and a center rectangle from more of the ivory Stardream paper. I cut my Rejoice sentiment from gold mirror cardstock and glued it at an angle onto my smaller frame. Of course I kept having to stop and shake my card from time to time....I'm like a little kid when it comes to shakers!



Now comes the really fun part....adding the finishing touches. I made a little gold bow and attached a crystal star to it and placed that on my panel. Then I glued a few sequins to the front of my card and filled them with gold and white Nuvo drops.






I think anyone would love to receive a fun shaker card like this....the possibilities with this design are endless. You can use any dies for the front of your card and use your favorite color palette to customize your own card. For example,  I think the Hello die would make an especially beautiful everyday card.

Thanks everyone for visiting my blog today. I hope you and your friends and families have a wonderful holiday season filled with all your hearts desire!!

Good luck on the blog hop!


13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Beth! Can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so beautiful and elegant. A wonderful shaker design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! What a fun and gorgeous card! I'm so going to try to duplicate this using a clamshell box (I have a case of them!). And thanks for the idea of using different color palettes and dies - this would make such a fun birthday, valentine, Halloween etc card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous shaker card! Love the dies you used and the pretty mirror cardstock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shaker
    and a great design.
    Merry Christmas!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness ! Your card is so luxurious and festive !! (margessw@icloud.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and great inspiration! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous shaker card and i love the simplicity of the lettering against the sparkle of the sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card.
    Love all of the colors.
    Shakers are fun.
    thanks for sharing.
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete