Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Serendipity Stamps December Blog Hop #1!!



Hello everyone! I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving...can you believe it's only 19 days until Christmas? I've been super busy making holiday cards and I can't wait to share these two with you today. 

Just a reminder.... today is the first day of Serendipity Stamp's first December BLOG HOP!

Serendipity Stamps showcases a new set of stamps every two weeks. Just comment on the Design  Team's blogs listed below to enter to win a $20 Serendipity Stamps gift certificate.....the more blogs you comment on, the more likely you are to win!

Here's a list of all the design team members participating in the hop... 


Today's first card features the adorable Winter Rabbit stamp. 



This is a really versatile stamp that can be used to make either a Christmas card or a Winter card...the detail on this stamp is fabulous!

This image was so much fun to color! Here are the Copic marker colors I used...

Sky - BG0000
Pine Needles - YG61, YG63, and YG67
Holly leaves - YG13, YG93, and YG99
Rabbit - E40, E41, E42, E43, and E44 (and R20 for his tongue and ears)
Holly Berries - R35
Pinecones - E23, E25, and E27
Snow on Tree and ground - C0, C1, and C2
Birch trees - C0, C1, and C2
Tree in background - YG03, YG17, and YG67
Frame Colors - YG63 and BG01

After I finished coloring my image, I added a few dots around the rabbit's nose with a brown Micron 0.45mm pen to add some extra detail. I also added some Nuvo Crystal drops in Red Berry gloss on my holly bushes for a pop of dimension and color.


While the Nuvo drops were drying, I prepared my A2 sized card by cutting a diagonal panel of blue Stardream cardstock. I laid this on top of a green piece of cardstock and cut both out using a stitched rectangle die. I then adhered a sparkly blue ribbon across the diagonal edge using a strip of Scor-Pal tape. I cut out the image using my paper trimmer and mounted it onto my background using foam tape.

I created a fun focal point on the left side of my card using a metal "Winter" charm, some green jute twine, and a tiny white button. 

After the card was finished, I felt that it needed a little extra "something", so I took a white glaze pen and dotted it all over the green cardstock to resemble snow.


For the inside of my card, I stamped a sentiment from Serendipity Stamp's For Unto Us cling stamp set using green ink. (If you haven't taken a look at this set, check it out...it's a set of 6 different holiday stamps for a very reasonable price, and the fonts are gorgeous!) I then mounted my sentiment panel to my card using more blue Stardream cardstock and a dotted green patterned paper. 

My second card was made using Serendipity Stamp's Sled stamp!


I think this is such a beautiful scene. I grew up in the South so snow was a rarity...and if we did get snow it certainly wasn't enough to go sledding! Looking at this stamp made me dream about living up North and jumping on a sled and racing down a hill...it just seems like so much fun!

To create this card, I first stamped the sled image onto Copic X-Press it paper with Memento
Tuxedo Black Ink. I first colored my background sky using Copic BG0000 and BG000. I then colored the rest of the image using the following Copic colors:

Sled - YG93, YG95, and YG97
Wooden building - E41, E42, E43, and E44
Snow shadows - C0, C1, and C2

I also used a bit of  Spectrum Noir Sparkle in clear to add a bit of glitter to the snow.

After I finished coloring the image I decided to create a snowy scene using Copic Opaque White Pigment paint. I've been using it to create lots of snowy scenes on my cards and I absolutely love it! I just put a little bit of it on an acrylic block, thin with water to create a thin liquid, and "spray" it onto my scene by flicking it with a brush or a tooth brush. I think it really helped to make this scene look inviting!


After I finished my scene, I die cut it using a rounded rectangle frame die. I also cut a frame for my scene using this same die and olive green cardstock. 

I created a background for my snowy scene using coordinating patterned papers and a rectangle die with rounded corners. Before I mounted my scene onto my background papers, however, I tied the edge of my scene up with some olive green silk ribbon, some navy blue jute twine, and a metal snowflake accent. I added a glittery green enamel dot on my snowflake for an extra bit of color.

Finally, I popped up my scene using foam tape and adhered it to my background papers. I used desert storm heavyweight cardstock for this A2 sized card.

For the inside of my card, I stamped the Winter Wishes stamp with black ink and colored it in an ombre style using YG93, YG95, YG97, and B32. I added a little white gel pen on the "snow" on top of the letters. I used the same dies and papers on the inside of my card as I did on the outside. 

Thanks so much for spending a little time with me today. I hope you all enjoy this holiday season with your friends and families. Happy Cardmaking! And good luck on the blog hop too!




11 comments:

  1. Your cards are so beautiful! I love the winter rabbit scene and also the sled one is fantastic as well. Thanks for sharing! I would love to win too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful winter scenes on these lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth these are both beautiful and I love the patterned paper you used for both cards! Always fun to see the inside of cards too, love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these cards! Your coloring is just perfect and beautiful, and it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your beautiful cards. Your coloring is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are
    so pretty and
    the snow drops
    really light up
    the scenes.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards. Love what you did with color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic cards, especially the sled one

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic cards.
    The bunny looks like he's popping
    out of his burrow and ready to
    jump into your lap. Love the
    sled against the wood.
    thanks for sharing some great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That little bunny is so adorable ! And I love the font of the sentiment inside of your second card. margessw@icloud.com

    ReplyDelete