Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Serendipity Stamps March Blog Hop #1!

Happy March everyone!!

I hope this post finds you well. It seems like everyone I know is either suffering from a cold or just getting over one, so I'm excited that Spring is just around the corner and we'll hopefully be past all of that for a while! Here in Atlanta the daffodils and the cherry trees are already in full bloom...our clue that Spring isn't far behind!

Before I share my card, please remember that today is the first day of Serendipity Stamp's first BLOG HOP for the month of March!

Serendipity Stamps showcases a new set of stamps every two weeks. Just comment on the Design  Team's blogs listed below to enter to win a $20 Serendipity Stamps gift certificate.....the more blogs you comment on, the more likely you are to win!

Here's a list of all the designers participating in the blog hop today...please welcome the talented Bonnie Klass who is our guest designer this month!

Bonnie Klass - guest designer
Marybeth Lopez 
Mary's Blog (Serendipity Stamps owner)
 
Julie Warner 
Beth Chiu (that's me!)
Vickie Zimmer

I couldn't resist playing with the brand new Friends stamp set this week! The images are so beautiful and I just adore the font.




 I first created the background using Distress Oxide inks in Worn Lipstick and Tattered Rose on Bristol Smooth watercolor paper. I then stamped my image using Versamark ink and embossed it using gold embossing powder. I really like the combination of the pinky-peach colors with the gold metallic powder. 



I cut my image out using a scalloped square die and mounted this onto some gold glittery paper, and then onto a paler pink cardstock. Finally, I used a square foam sheet between this and my background to pop up the image and give the card a bit of dimension. I added some bling with iridescent pink and peach sequins.

I used the hearts stamp from the same set to stamp the inside of my card with the Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide ink.




Thanks guys for visiting with me today! It means so much to me!!


18 comments:

  1. Sweet, sweet card! Love your wonderful wreath and the lovely sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love your background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this beautiful background, Beth! It's perfect for the embossed wreath and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, i really like tha pink-peach colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely, Beth! Your bg looks wonderful & I love the gold embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gorgeous! The
    inked background
    is neat looking
    and love the touches
    of gold.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card! Your background is gorgeous and I love those sequins on the florals surrounding the sentiment! So jealous that you have flowers blooming already!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pretty card, what a wonderful stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card! Beautiful colors and layering!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The gold makes your card so striking. Hi wouldn't love to get this "friend" card? Love your oxide inks bg.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. I like the embossing and addition of the sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous! The sequins are the perfect finishing touch

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. Love the
    combination of red/pink for the
    background - the distress oxides
    are fantastic. All of the gold
    really takes the card up a notch.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! This is beautiful! Any friend would love to receive this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome background and what a gorgeous stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was pretty pleased to discover this website. I need to to thank you
    for ones time for this particularly fantastic read!!
    I definitely appreciated every little bit of it and I have you book marked to check out
    new information on your site.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Greetings! Very helpful advice in this particular article!

    It is the little changes which will make the greatest changes.
    Thanks a lot for sharing!

    ReplyDelete