Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Serendipity Stamps May Blog Hop #2

Hi guys! So great to be back with you again!

I made a card with a beautiful hydrangea stamped image to share with you, but first let me remind you that today begins the second May BLOG HOP for Serendipity Stamps! 




Serendipity Stamps showcases a new set of stamps every two weeks. Just comment on the Design Team’s blogs listed below to enter to win a $20 gift certificate from Serendipity...the more blogs you comment on, the likelier you are to win!


Also, please welcome back the talented Christine Alexander who is Serendipity's guest designer for the month of May!

Here's a list of all the designers participating in the blog hop today...


One last reminder before I tell you about my card...Serendipity Stamps has over 100 stamps currently in their $1 cling stamp sale! Be sure to check them out at https://www.serendipitystamps.com/category/dollar25-um-stamp-sale.html

Today's card features the gorgeous Hydrangea Large rubber stamp. I love the exquisite detail in this stamp!




Creating this card was fun and easy! I first stamped the hydrangea image onto Copic X-Press It paper using MFT's Extreme Black Ink. I added the Thinking of You sentiment above my hydrangeas.  I  used my Copic markers to color my hydrangeas. Even though I love blue hydrangeas, I wanted to do something a bit different here so I went to the internet and searched for images of hydrangeas.  I found this one I really liked and tried to replicate the colors with my markers. I made sure to add some BG0000 around the perimeter of my image to give a hint of sky.



After the coloring was finished, I die-cut my panel and then mounted it with foam tape onto some green polka-dot paper to match the hydrangea's leaves. I love using foam tape to give extra dimension to my cards! I finished with a little bow made from lime-green jute twine and some little blue "pearls".

As always, a great big THANK YOU for visiting with me today! Look forward to seeing everyone again very soon! Good luck on the blog hop!!

12 comments:

  1. wow Beth, love the colouring of the hydrangea, those touches of yellow in the middle are stunning. Love the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth your coloring is amazing! This is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I love hydrangeas!! Your card is lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous hydrangea image and card. Loving all of that green.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pretty card, wonderful coloring. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely coloring on
    your card. Love the
    corners and ribbon.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely, Beth! Your hydrangeas are so pretty in this color. I think all of mine are blue, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful hydrangea, Beth! I love the pink color and how the soft blue background gives the flowers extra dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty. I like your coloring and the soft blue background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I love your unusual colours

    ReplyDelete
  11. The hydrangeas are beautiful.
    Lovely shading.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete