Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Serendipity Stamps June Blog Hop #1

Happy June everyone!

 Can you believe it's already summertime? I've been dreaming about the beach so I decided to create a shell card for you today! Before we get started, let me remind you that today is the beginning of Serendipity Stamp's first June BLOG HOP!!

Serendipity showcases a new set of stamps every two weeks. Just comment on the Design Team's blogs listed below to enter to win a $20 gift certificate to Serendipity Stamps. The more blogs you comment on, the likelier you are to win!

Here's a list of all the designers participating in the blog hop today...


On to today's card! This stamp has got to be one of my all-time favorites from Serendipity...it  features a beautifully detailed Triton shell


 Before coloring this image, I decided to go online and study some images of this stunning shell. Some of my favorite images were those where the sunlight was shining behind the shell and the opening was a gorgeous shade of coral. I attempted to replicate this color with my Copic markers. I used shades of cream and light browns to color the rest of the shell. I then fussy cut my image and put it aside while I worked on my background.

To create the background for this card, I stamped with some stripes and distress stamps from my stash using MFT's Persimmon and Extreme Black Ink. I added some jute twine and some Buttermilk and Ebony Black Nuvo drops as well. I then placed my shell on top of the background using some foam tape for dimension.


I layered my panel several times with some black, deep coral, and sand-colored cardstock, using a scalloped die for the deep coral layer. I used more foam tape to pop up some of the layers. I then placed my layers on an A2-sized black card.


For the inside of my card, I stamped the My Life quote by Thoreau using MFT's Persimmon Ink. It's such a beautiful sentiment and is great for an everyday "Thinking of You" card. I added more layers to the inside of my card to give it a finished look.

I hope you all enjoyed your visit to my little corner of the world today. As always, thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful summer!



10 comments:

  1. Wow! I love your design for this card - the subtle coloring of the shell, the beautiful natural, yet bold tones for your layers, and that little bit of jute - like you just found it on the beach! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Triton Shell! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card and sentiment!! Beautiful shell stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful, and the quote is just perfect with it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful coloring of this shell and I like the background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful inking on
    this card! Lovely
    background.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Triton Shell is definitely one of my most favorite Serendipity stamps. Beautiful work with this stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful shell, Beth! Love the way you've colored it and presented it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The coloring of the shell is
    fantastic. You can almost
    hear the roar of the sea.
    Lovely sentiment.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous designing
    with the lovely shell
    stamp.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete