Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Serendipity Stamps December Blog Hop #1!




Happy Holidays Everyone!!

 I don’t know about you, but I’m having lots of fun making Christmas cards! It’s this time of the year that I start to regret not beginning this process a little earlier (like maybe in July? LOL) but I’ve still managed to make quite a few.

I have one of those to share with you today, but first let me remind you that today is the beginning of Serendipity Stamp’s first December  BLOG HOP!!

Serendipity showcases a new set of stamps every two weeks. Just comment on the Design Team’s blogs listed below to enter to win a $20 gift certificate to Serendipity Stamps! Also please note that the stamp and die of the month are Penguins and the Snow Birds Branch Die Set, respectively…both are half off for the month of November!

Here’s a list of all the designers participating in the blog hop today…








I used one of my favorite Serendipity Stamp’s sets for today’s card…it’s called the For Unto Us cling stamp set and it includes a manger scene and five gorgeous sentiments! For this card I used the ‘Joy to the World’ sentiment.



I stamped the sentiment onto Ivory cardstock and embossed it using clear embossing ink. I die cut this with a circle die and then die cut a larger circle from red cardstock for a frame. I popped my sentiment circle up using a circle cut from craft foam.



I made my background panel from two pieces of Carta Bella’s “Christmas Delivery” collection placed at a diagonal. I added some green and ivory plaid ribbon, an ivory paper rose, and some die cut spruce stems. As a final touch I added some red enamel dots for “berries” (yes, I know that Spruce don’t produce berries, but I thought it looked pretty anyway!) I also added a few extra enamel dots around my sentiment. I popped up my patterned paper layers using craft foam.

tttddde


For the inside of my card, I used another of the sentiments from the “For Unto Us” stamp set. I LOVE this font! So pretty!




Thanks so much for visiting with me today! I hope you all have a fantastic day and find some time during this busy holiday season to play! Happy crafting!!














11 comments:

  1. Love this card Beth! I've only made 2 christmas cards so far - yikes! But this design would be perfect for a quick and elegant card! It's on my copy list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. I love the plaid and print mix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seem to hoard my papers & this has shown how pretty a card looks when you combine patterns. Perfect focal point for the holiday sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how that beautiful sentiment is the star of the show! I like to add berries to my greenery so it looks perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I love your mix of papers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the split papers
    in the background. Looks
    so lovely.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card. Love your use of patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the DP great way to frame the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty card! Love the sentiment and the papers you used! Pretty embellishments too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the plaid paired with the
    greenery background. Beautiful
    card. thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete