Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Serendipity Stamps November Blog Hop #2!



Hi there fellow crafters! I hope you are all having a wonderful week leading up to the Thanksgiving holiday! It’s such a fun time of the year!

I’ve been busy making all sorts of holiday cards and have a quick and easy one for you today, but I first want to remind you that today is the first day of Serendipity Stamp’s second November BLOG HOP!!

Serendipity showcases a new set of stamps every two weeks. Just comment on the Design Team’s blogs listed below to enter to win a $20 gift certificate to Serendipity Stamps! Also please note that the stamp and die of the month are Covered Bridge and Sympathy, respectively…both are half off for the month of November!

I also wanted to let you know that Serendipity Stamps is discontinuing many of their wood mounted stamps so they are having a SALE! Be sure to check the Bargain Basement for over 150 items!

Here’s a list of all the designers participating in the blog hop today…








I can’t wait to share this card with you today because it is super easy but it looks like you spent a lot of time making it! I used Serendipity Stamp’s Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for my sentiment…


To create this card, I started with a 4.25” x 11” red cardstock piece and and scored it using my Scor-Buddy at 2” and 5.5”. I then cut a 4.25” x 5.5” rectangle from some gorgeous Alexandra Renke Christmas patterned paper (using a rectangle die) and trimmed it into two pieces (one at 2” x 4.25” and one at 5.5” x 4.25”). I adhered these to the top and bottom of my card, making sure that the patterns lined up.



Next, I stamped my sentiment using Distress Oxide Ink in Bundled Sage. I embossed this using clear embossing powder. I die cut this using a circle die and added a scalloped frame from red cardstock around my sentiment.


I added this to the front of my card, leaving half of the circle hanging over the front flap as a tab.


I finished the inside of my card using more Renke paper, and as a final touch I added a Tim Holtz snowflake charm with a bit of jute twine and a white Nuvo drop. 

 See what I mean? Simple but gorgeous…and just think how many different combinations you can make using different patterned papers and different colored inks. This sentiment would look gorgeous in any color!

That’s it for today…as always, thank you so much for visiting my blog today. I am thankful for each and every one of you! Happy Thanksgiving!!




11 comments:

  1. Love your card design!!! A lovely holiday card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS!! What a cool fold. Love the pattern paper and how pretty your sentiment looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous design, I may have to borrow it if that is OK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your beautiful card. Great design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful card! I love how it opens up! I love how you clear embossed the Bundled Sage stamped sentiment! It looks so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! I love the way if folds... a nice change from the standard fold! Beautiful layering and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card Beth! One of my favorite things is that the sentiment is green to match the paper! It's a refreshing change from the black sentiments we see so often! The paper is so beautiful and the sentiment is perfect without getting in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty and clever design. Love the paper and charm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the card design.
    The mistletoe in the
    background is a great
    idea. thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, stunning card! You used those gorgeous patterned papers so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're right! Simple and gorgeous! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete