Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Serendipity Stamps November Blog Hop #1!



Hello everyone and Happy November!

 I’ve just started making my Christmas cards…pretty late for a paper crafter, right?  I was away on a fabulous trip to Thailand with my husband to celebrate our 25th anniversary and was too busy to even color anything, even though I took lots of images and Copic markers on the trip with us! Even though the trip was amazing,  I’m happy to be home and creating again…I really missed it!


So…the great news is that today is the first day of the Serendipity Stamps November Blog Hop 1!!


Serendipity showcases a new set of stamps every two weeks. Just comment on the Design Team’s blogs listed below to enter to win a $20 gift certificate to Serendipity Stamps! Also…please note that the stamp and die of the month are Covered Bridge and Merry Christmas, respectively…both are half off for the month of November!

Here’s a list of all the designers participating in the blog hop today…









For today’s card I used the adorable One Jingle Bell stamp.


 I created my own background paper by stamping the bell multiple times onto Neenah 100lb Solar White cardstock and coloring using Copic markers. I used the following colors:



W1, W3, W5, W7, YR21, YR23, R46, R39, G24, YG97, YG99



The warm greys were used to color the “metal” part of the bell, and then I added touches of YR21 and YR23 to give it a tarnished look. 


I die-cut my paper into a stitched 4.25” x 5.5” rectangle and adhered this onto a black A2 sized card. I then added some glossy accents to the berries and a beautiful red ribbon down the left side.



For my sentiment, I die-cut the Joy Die three times from red cardstock and layered these on top of one another using liquid glue. This created a sentiment with more dimension and interest than just die-cutting the sentiment once.



I used the Joy to the World stamp for the inside panel of my card, stamping it using a lobster-colored ink that matched my red ribbon. 


 And there you have it…a clean and simple card for the holidays using only a few supplies! Thank you all for visiting with me today!












18 comments:

  1. Love your silver bells - they look like they're falling through the air! I love the clean crisp of the black, white and red. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! Love that pretty One Jingle Bell stamp! Love the dimension of the Joy sentiment with the layering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Fabulous made from scratch paper! Pretty die cut also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card!!! Love the "One Jingle Bell" stamp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you jingle bell background! Such a pretty die cut too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty with the
    jingle bells as the
    background. Love
    the black and red
    used on it.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative, makes me think of the wonderful and classic Christmas song SILVER BELLS

    ReplyDelete
  8. These jingle bells are fantastic, Beth! Love the pine and berries on each and the beautiful Joy die with the beautiful script on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! Your hand stamped background with the bells stamp is amazing! And I love the little red berries that you glossed over too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the beautiful bells. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty with the jingle bell background.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for showing what a great card can be created with smaller stamps like this; your card is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card and stunning coloring. I love the texture and pop of color from the pom poms. Happy Anniversary, sounds like you had a wonderful celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fabulous card and a great idea to use a single stamp like that

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Jingle Bells are so pretty Beth and love the large red die cut sentiment over the top. A beautiful card. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A gorgeous card. Love the self made background and the pop of red. Wonderful colouring

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is hard to believe that the
    bells are not store-bought
    paper. The shading is
    fantastic. Great card.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank u for sharing a Gorgeous card

    ReplyDelete