Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Serendipity Stamps September Blog Hop #2!



Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well and having fun creating those fall cards! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays so I’ve been having lots of fun creating cards for family and friends. I have a fun Halloween card for you today, but first I wanted to let you know that today is the first day of the Serendipity Stamps September Blog Hop #2!

Serendipity showcases a new set of stamps every two weeks. Just comment on the Design Team’s blogs listed below to enter to win a $20 gift certificate to Serendipity Stamps! Also please note that the stamp and die of the month are Pumpkins on a Fence and Creepy Wreath, respectively…both are half off for the month of September!

Here’s a list of all the designers participating in the blog hop today…









In other great news…Serendipity Stamps will be holding a SALE along with this week’s blog hop! Buy three items and the fourth one is free!




Today’s card features the die of the month...Creepy Wreath…this is a fabulous die that can be used to create a Halloween wreath, but it could also be used to create Christmas wreaths or any other kind of wreath!



I first created my background by inking Distress Inks in Dusty Concord and Seedless Preserves onto a panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock using my ink blending tool. I then die cut the Creepy Wreath twice, once from black cardstock and once from Bristol Smooth cardstock. I inked the Bristol Smooth one using the same Distress Inks.



I used a scalloped rectangle die to cut my inked panel and then layered this onto black cardstock. Once this was finished, I layered my two wreath dies together and adhered them to a small circle frame cut from black cardstock. This was then mounted onto my inked panel using foam tape to pop it up from the background.



I decorated my creepy wreath using the adorable owl from the Halloween Pops Cling Set and the extra dies included in the Creepy Wreath die set. I colored the owl using YG17, YG23, YG03, V17 V15, V12, and Y06. I used glitter papers for the ghosts and skull, and then added lots of sequins in spooky colors to bling it up a bit!



For my sentiment, I used the Creepy stamp. I stamped the image, colored it in ombre fashion using Copic markers in YG17, YG23, and YG03. I added a bit of grey with T0 and T1 on the spider webs. I then fussy cut this out and added it to the front of my card.




To complete the front of this card, I mounted my panel onto an A2 sized lime green glittery cardstock and then mounted the entire thing onto a black A2 sized card.



For the inside of my card, I stamped the Witching You sentiment and colored the pumpkin in with Copics in V15, V12, and Y6. I adhered an inked strip from my previous Distress Ink blending to the bottom of the panel and mounted this with more black and lime green glitter cardstock.




That’s all the spookiness for today! As always, thank you for visiting and have a spook-tacular week!!

13 comments:

  1. Awesome card! I love the color combo and dimension! The Creepy Wreath die is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love so many things about this card I don't even know where to begin! LOVE the color scheme! The sequins - especially those bright green ones, the little owl from the Halloween Pops Cling Set and the sparkly ghosts! Sooooo much fun going on here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card. I like how you layered 2 colors of the spooky wreath to make a fun focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spooktacular card! great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect for Halloween with these spooky colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Halloween cards are my favorite to make!! They are just so much fun!! I LOVE this Creepy Wreath die set!!! Your card is absolutely fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colours, perfect for Halloween

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Halloween card
    and I love the owl, so
    cool looking!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, amazing card! Incredible details and such rich and wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card. Beautifully layered wreath and wonderful colours. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the green and purple combo.
    Using the wreath is a fun idea.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH WOW what a creative use for the wreath die! Very cool looking! I really love all the layering! I also love the sequins especially the green ones that you have all around the top of the wreath it just looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect colors for this cute and creepy card.

    ReplyDelete